I know it's been a few weeks since I last posted, but things have been CRAZY. 😖 I know everyone says that, but I'm not kidding. I was given about 3,000 new responsibilities at work (in addition to the 12,000 things I already do), as was my fiance, which has resulted in less downtime and, when we do finally get home, we are so freaking beat that we practically fall into a coma the second we sit down. But that's not what I wanted to write about today. I recently realized how heavy my purse is, and it's due to the the truly random collection of stuff I have in there, so I wanted to share what is currently residing in the black hole of my beautiful Betsy Johnson bag (see pic):
(Can you tell how full it is from this pic?!)
(Here is a view from the top. It might not LOOK that full, but looks can be deceiving.)
1. My beloved black & white Kenneth Cole reaction wallet (my mom bought it for me for my birthday... 3 years ago, I think), bursting with receipts, business cards, rewards cards (Harris Teeter, Sam's Club, TJ Maxx, Petco), my driver's license & social security card (I know you're not supposed to carry it with you but that's the one place I know I won't lose it, ironically enough), fortune cookie fortunes a gift card... basically everything BUT money.
2. Two bottles of e-iquid (one of Blueberry Jam Monster and one that Chris made), 3 spare batteries (kept safe in a special plastic box, so they don't blow up) and a spare mod/tank setup. As you may or may not know, I work in the vaping industry (have for 2 1/2 years) and am a big supporter/advocate and vaper myself. I typically mainly use one specific mod/tank and one e-liquid, but it's nice to have options.
3. My black makeup bag containing 2 tampons, a mirror, TONYMOLY So Cool Eye Stick (if you don't know what that is, go to Amazon RIGHT NOW and order it), 2 Revlon eyeliners (black & teal), Blistex chapstick, Curel Hydratherapy hand lotion, nail glue, & red Revlon lip gloss.
4. Two bandannas (one with elephants & one with flowers - these have ENDLESS uses! First of all, they come in VERY handy if/when there is an e-liquid related accident, like if I'm filling my tank and it overflows or leaks. Secondly, it's just nice to have something to wipe my hands on if needed (think a handkerchief of olden days, except I don't blow my nose into it, because that's gross). Also can be used as a makeshift headband if necessary.
5. A pink floral coozy - I drink one Rockstar per day, and it's always good to have a spare coozy around, just in case.
6. My key chain(s), with the following attached: key to my 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander; house key; office key; key to Chris' grandmother's house (where we lived prior to moving to Mooresville), a tiny key to a tiny pink lock-box, a key chain from Greece (courtesy of my parents' trip to Europe), a wooden turtle, my kitty cat self-defense tool and a pink/white/green chevron band. (This alone weighs close to 3 pounds and probably contributes to the overall heaviness of my purse.)
7. Cherry Kool-aid water enhancer, because plain water is boring.
8. One tin of peppermint Altoids and one (half-empty) pack of Wrigley's 5 gum
9. "All You Need is Love" pill case containing 5 Ibuprofen softgels. I'm sure it's all in my head but I swear the gels work better than the tablets.... anybody else feel me?
10. Two pens, one black & one blue (because I like variety)
11. A handful of hard ginger candies (to help ease my ever-upset stomach)
12. A black hairclip (the color of the clip alternates depending on what I am wearing (as does the bag itself, for that matter), but today I have on a black & white dress and black wedges, so the clip is also black today)
13 Four $5 lottery tickets (and no, I didn't win on any of them - but that doesn't stop me from trying!)
14. Sour Patch gummy strawberries, which are the best invention since the pulley (and yes, I do think they're better than the watermelon ones)
15. Kenneth Cole Black body spray, to keep smelling fresh all day long
There's usually more, including (but not limited to): my coupon book; other candy, bottles of e-liquid, and pens; notebooks; my phone/phone charger(s), sticky notes with various reminders.... the list goes on. Subsequently, even though I only got this purse in December (it was a combination Christmas/"Treat Yo' Self" present), the plastic on the straps is already cracking. I always bring another bag to work with me that holds my laptop, planner, notebook & other miscellany) but my purse always ends up bearing the most weight (especially when I hold stuff for Chris as well). Probably doesn't help my scoliosis, either... 😕
Hope you enjoyed reading this and that it gave you a little more insight into the chaos that is my life! Would love comments & stories - if you have anything to share, please do!